Friday, September 25, 2009

I Love the Smell of Sawdust in the Morning!

I had my camera with me today, so I decided to take some photos around campus.The architecture on these buildings are really cool looking.
The image below is a sculpture that I pass every day on the way to classes. I just think it is such an interesting sculpture. It is placed in the center of a large common area outside.


The piece is titled "The Balance of Equality" which is a fitting title becasue the common area that this is in is called Martin Luther King Jr. Commons.

This next photo is of a bulding on the way to class. I just love the way the ivy covers it.


Here is the castle of NIU. Did you know that it is a state law for all public universities in Illinois to have a castle. Sorry about the photo. I was in a rush to get to class. I'll get a better one another day.



Here is the art building at NIU. There is always something going on in this building. When I walked in today I was bombarded with the smell of sawdust and acryllic paint. Art buldings always have a distinctive smell. The smell of the art wing at my high school was a mixture of paint, metal shavings and pencil graphite. A very comforting to smell to all artists!


2 comments:

  1. That is a very cool sculpture! I'd love to see you do a photo study of it in different lights, angles, etc. Just an idea in case you get bored . . .

    ReplyDelete